Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Crazy Niece and Sick Cats

Not too much is new around here. Since Wednesday we've had my six year old niece, Jozi, for a visit. She came all the way from Oklahoma. She is a serious handful. Her visit thus far has included trips to the pool, playing school, coloring, going to the movies, and taking the dog on a lot of walks. 

Yesterday we went up to Richmond for a day trip to visit my sister Jennifer. 






The Girls!


On another note, much of my summer has been spent keeping alive two ancient cats. Sadie is 17 and Kitty (pictured below) is 16. Sadie has failing kidneys and Kitty has the most severe case of hyperthyroidism the vet had ever seen. The normal reading for a thyroid is between .5 and .8 and Kitty had a reading of 23!! 

We have to give them lots of medicine and feed them multiple times throughout the day. Its kind of crazy to think that these cats have been with me since I was five years old! Aside from my parents, they might be the only other thing that has been in my life for that long. I will miss them when I go to China, especially knowing that the chance they will make it through the whole year is not good. 




Tomorrow we are going to Durham to get my computer fixed (new S key, here I come!) and to go to a fun museum that we hope Jozi will enjoy. I will try to remember to take pics and post them later! 

2 comments:

Katie said...

Can you get me a CTRL key while you're there?! haha

Rebecca said...

Ooooo, sorry. they said they don't do PC!

;o)