Friday, July 18, 2008

The Original Nashville



This is me before my ride today. I have to send out some props:

Helmet: Katie
Glasses: Jo
Jersey: 3po
Computer: Gonzalo
Bike: Noel

I suppose these people have, whether willingly or unwilling, become my sponsors, so thanks guys!

Oh, and Jo, this is for you: 



Today's ride was pretty epic. In all it turned out to be a 40 mile ride in 2 hours and 10 minutes. I decided to ride to Nashville . . . NC that is. Check out the sign that welcomes you to the town. I think they know they have some competition: 



The Original

As I was riding out, I noticed some pretty substantial storm clouds forming behind me, but I was too far from home for turning back to be a viable option. I just kept going. I made it to Nashville dry and happy, and went searching for a place to fill my bottle.  

On my way back, it seemed inevitable that I would end up in a storm. And it was: 




Luckily for me, the second it started raining, I rode by a gas station with a nice overhang. I hung out there, and kept out of the rain. It took about 15 minutes for the rain cloud to pass, and then it was back on the road. The road was pretty wet, it was still raining a good bit, and visibility was really poor. But, as soon as I crossed over I-95, it was like nothing had happened! The roads were dry, the sun was out, and everything was back to normal. All of my belongings (camera, phone, ipod-- sound familiar Kristi?) were safe in my saddle bag, and I was happy to find them all dry when I got home. 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Haha! Very familiar... still no word on my missing stuff... :(

Katie said...

Damn... i want your calves.