Monday, June 30, 2008

Not My Day

Not at all. 

It all started with a wonderful trip to the dentist this morning. I cannot tell you how much I enjoy having sharpened objects thrust into my delicate gums repeatedly. 

Afterward, cool, coffee inspired drinks were the answer for pulsing gums. They manged to completley screw up both my order and my mom's. I needed soy milk and got regular, and my mom did not want whipped cream (it's insane, I know . . .) and ended up with a huge hunk of it right on top of her drink. We took them as they came, knowing that otherwise they would throw the drink away and begin anew; a type of waste for which wasting I have no tolerance. 

A quick lunch, and then my mom and I were off to get a $130 money order for my Chinese work visa. The resultant difficulty of this seemingly simple task added to my already mounting frustrations. Return home to a father dealing with the meaninglessness of a life without work, 
add to that a down-pour at the pool the moment I arrive, and its fatal. 

Hence, I now concede to frustration and proceed to take a nap -- the most effective antidote to all of life's minor woes. 

No comments: